Alan Peter S. Cayetano is an incumbent senator and minority leader of the Senate of the Philippines.
He was the congressional representative from the district of Taguig-Pateros for 9 years. He had a seven-point program for his Taguig-Pateros constituency in Metro Manila.
Alan Peter S. Cayetano is the son of former Senator Renato Cayetano (deceased) and Sandra Schramm-Cayetano. His siblings are Senator Pia Cayetano-Sebastian (older sister), Councilor Rene Carl Cayetano (elder brother), and TV/movie director, Barangay Chairman Lino Edgardo Cayetano (younger brother).
Senator Alan Peter S. Cayetano was only 13 years old when he was first exposed to public service. His father, the late Senator Renato “Compañero” Cayetano, was then elected Assemblyman representing Taguig, Pateros and Muntinlupa.
Having been raised under the tutelage of his father, a lawyer and a devoted public servant, he took interest in political science and enrolled at the University of the Philippines in Diliman where he eventually ran and won as a university councilor in the student council. Then inspired by his father’s preeminent standing as a lawyer, student Alan decided to pursue a degree in Law at the Ateneo de Manila University where he graduated as Silver Medallist and with a Second Honourable Mention. He was later admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1998.
It was the late Senator Rene’s values, principles, and dedication to public service that further inspired the young Alan to follow in his father’s footsteps. Having had the privilege of seeing his father consulting, meeting, and working with people from all walks of life, it was not difficult for him to decide on a lifetime advocacy and career in public service.
Alan Peter S. Cayetano is married by Ma. Laarni Lopez, mayor of Taguig City.
- Ateneo de Manila University, Juris Doctor, 1997; admitted to the Bar, 1998
- University of the Philippines, Diliman, BA Political Science, 1993
- De La Salle-Santiago Zobel School, High School, 1988
- De La Salle-Santiago Zobel School, Elementary, 1984
- Senator of the Philippines, 2007-2013 (14th to 15th Congress)
- Representative, Taguig and Pateros, 1998-2007 (11th to 13th Congress)
- Partner, Cayetano Sebastian Dado & Cruz Law Offices, 1998
- Vice Mayor, Taguig, 1995-1998 (But his victory was confirmed only 10 days before his three-year term was due to end)
- Councilor, Taguig, 1992–1995
- Lawyer/Representative, Taguig and Pateros
- Senior Partner: Cayetano Sebastian Ata Dado & Cruz, (Caselaw)
Honors and Awards:
- Top Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) 2010 awardee (recognized for exemplary work in government and public service)
Sources: wikipedia.org, senate.gov.ph