The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) said Friday (January 22) that voters might see one man running for mayor of Bongao, Tawi-Tawi on May 9.
Jimuel Que and his vice mayor aspirant are running unopposed for the coming 2016 local elections.
The present mayor of Bongao, who is qualified to seek reelection for a third term, said he decided not to file a certificate of candidacy (COC) so he can campaign well for LP’s presidential bet, Manuel “Mar” Roxas II, and for ARMM Gov. Mujiv Hataman, who is aspiring for a second term.
Jasper Que is related by blood to LP member Sulu Vice Gov. Sakur Tan, who has filed his COC for ARMM governor without permission from the party.
Bongao, a second income class municipality and the de facto capital of the province of Tawi-Tawi, has a population of 79,362 people, according to the 2010 census.
It is home to the Mindanao State University – Tawi-Tawi College of Technology and Oceanography (MSU-TCTO), and is famous for its mountain shaped like a plateau, reminiscent of South Africa’s Table Mountain.
MAYOR – BONGAO
- QUE, JIMUEL (LP)
VICE-MAYOR – BONGAO
- JUMDAIL, ABDULSAID (LP)
COUNCILOR – BONGAO
- AKIP, AMBON (LP)
- AKMAD, BARRI (NUP)
- AKSAN, DAWASIYA (IND)
- AMILASSAN, BADJAO (NUP)
- ARIK, SALS (NUP)
- BUDDAHIM, ALBANI (NUP)
- EBRAHIM, GABER (IND)
- IBBO, JUN (LP)
- IDDI, ED (LP)
- JIKIRI, MORSIDI (PDPLBN)
- JOWAK, PAJIJI (LP)
- JUMDAIL, KHAIZAL (LP)
- KARANAIN, ARULA (LP)
- NURIDJAN, SATRIA (LP)
- NURUDDIN, ABIDIN (IND)
- QUE, JULBERT (LP)
- WAGAS, DATU NUR-GERRY (IND)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections