Local elections will be held in Akbar, Basilan on May 9, 2016 within the Philippine general election. The voters will elect for the elective local posts in the municipality: the mayor, vice mayor, and councilors.
Akbar, a sixth class municipality in the province of Basilan, has a population of 13,369 people, according to the 2010 census.
It is politically subdivided into 9 barangays.
MAYOR – AKBAR
- SALI, RAIZA (LP)
VICE-MAYOR – AKBAR
- SALI, ALIH (LP)
COUNCILOR – AKBAR
- ALAM, DANABIYA (LP)
- AMIN, VHERKIS (LP)
- BIRONG, HARID (LP)
- HALIL, ALI (LP)
- MONBO, JABBAL (LP)
- MUSLIMIN, ANJAM (LP)
- SALI, IMRAKI (LP)
- USMAN, ADZFER (IND)
- YUSOP, ABDULHALIK (LP)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: mapio.net